manu_at_one_of_the_preshaadi_traditions_310_01Ulka Gupta who plays role of Manu in Zee TV’s Jhansi Ki Rani is on cloud nine. Despite so many forces prevented Manu from becoming the Queen of Jhansi she is soon to tie the knot with King Gangadhar. The grand historical wedding on TV will see an array of theatre group artistes, dance troupes from Bundelkhand, Lavni performers from Maharastra and magicians. Buzz has it that close to Rs. 7 Lakhs have been spent only on Manu’s look for the wedding, what with her trousseau including a rich traditional Kaashta saari, 3 authentic gold Mangalsutras, Kundan Moti sets and the extravagant ‘Lakshmi haar’. Child artiste Ulka Gupta is excited about the whole event and says, “I’m thrilled to be wearing such beautiful jewelries and expensive costumes. I’m lucky to have got a chance to live the life of a queen from a bygone era and I’m loving every bit of it.” The bigger surprise that come out is that post-marriage she will be living in Rani Niwas which is the same set used in the film Jodhaa Akbar. To which kiddo says, “Oh I feel like Aishwarya Rai. (Giggles) You have no idea how excited I am about shooting for the post-marriage sequences in the new Rani Niwas set. I loved Jdhaa Akbar and I’m a big fan of Ash!”